STAY AWAY FROM JUNK FOOD!!!
I know it seems that the convenience of fast food would make sense when you are so busy and have too many things to do. Cooking is probably the last thing on your mind.
Junk food is high in fats, sugar and chemicals and this will only drag you down. What you need is more energy, better health. A good diet will help you provide this.
Remember if you put lower quality oil and gasoline in your car, it will give you a much worse performance than if you fuel it with good quality products. Same goes for your body.
You can eat some healthy meals without spending a lot of time preparing them.
- Be organized: take time to wash and organize your food when you get home from the grocery store. It makes it easier when you are ready to cook
- Have some good recipes to rely upon (Rachel Ray is famous for her quick healthy meals),
- Purchase good healthy food and snacks (if you don't have junk food on hands it makes it difficult to eat it)
- Make more than you need for one meal, divide and freeze the rest in single portion. You will have a quick meal ready to go for another night. Just take out in the morning and it will be thawed out by the time you get home.
- Crock-pots are wonderful. You can get everything ready the night before or early in the morning and have a delicious meal waiting for you when you get home from work or a long day shopping
- Don't have gazillions of Christmas goodies sitting around the house. If you enjoy making Christmas cookies, share them with others
- Make sure your pantry is stock with good solid healthy basics to help you complete most recipes. It's not fun to be missing one or two key ingredients when you are trying to complete a meal.
Be smart, stay healthy