The reason you catch a cold or flu is because your immune system is impaired. It's not an inevitable event based on exposure alone.
Lifestyle factors that depress your immune system, alone or in combination, are more important than exposure to determine if you will get sick. These include eating too much sugar, vitamin D deficiency, insufficient sleep and lack of exercise, and unaddressed stress.
There are many things you can do naturally to prevent your participation in the cold and flu season. Boosting your immune system to prevent from getting sick in the first place make so much more sense than trying to recover after being sick.
But like we stated earlier there is more to getting sick than just exposure to germs.
Stress is a huge factor in dimishing the strength of our immune system. Removing stress from our live is easier said than done, especially during the Holiday Season.
There are some things you can do and use to prevent you from getting sick.
- Try to remove or handle the stress out of your life as much as possible: good nutrition, exercise and proper planning are all tools one can use to achieve such goals.
- Eat properly: avoid fast food, convenience food, sugary snacks and treats, sugary drinks
- Limit the amount of caffeine during your day. One or two cup of good quality coffee is good. Too much is not good.
- Proper amount of sleep each night. Your body knows exactly how much sleep you need, usually between 6-8 hours. Some people need more, some less. A good rule of thumb is that if you wake up in the morning still tired, then you either did not get enough sleep or had poor quality sleep.
- Proper amount of vitamin D and vitamin C and Zinc
- Handling your emotional stressors: if a set of circumstances is beyond your control, let it go or get some help
- Certain food will naturally boost your immune system: garlic, ginger, raw honey, oregano oil, bone broth (from grass fed beef)
- Some products will help boost your immune system and decrease your chance of getting sick or reduce the duration of said sickness: Colloidal Silver, vitmain C, Zinc, Oil of oregano, homeopathic, certain essential oils, some specifically designed products and blend. Ask us bout such products
Be smart, stay healthy!!!