Free radical damage from age and environmental factors can keep your eyes from functioning optimally. There are natural common sense things you can do to help preserve our healthy vision.
1. Quit smoking. Smoking creates a lot of free radicals in your system and hinders your health in general and your vision as well
2. Keep your cardiovascular system in good health. High blood pressure can cause damage to the blood vessels on your retina
3. Normalize your blood sugar. Excessive sugar in your blood can pull fluid out of the lense of your eye, affecting your ability to focus.
4. Eat plenty of dark green vegetables. Kale, spinach, collard greens, turnip greens being the highest on the list.
5. Omega 3 and Krill oil are your best friends. Consume a lot of food containing Omega 3 such as: fresh wild salmon, walnuts, flax seeds, halibut, chia seeds, etc. Do not forget to use a good quality supplement as well.
6. Use a good quality anti-oxidant as it will help get rid of the free radical causing havoc in your body.
7. Lutein, zeaxanthin, bilberries and black currants have been shown to protect and enhance vision.
Take good care of your eyes and they will stay healthy for as long as possible.
Be smart, stay healthy!